Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Education

I’ve been looking around at various classes on cider and wine making, and I am sure excited.

I have signed up for Washington State University’s week long Cider Making Workshop taught by Peter Mitchell in the summer of 2010.

However, since cider making is a tiny but growing industry in the United States, and Wandering Aengus Ciderworks confesses that they operate like a winery and are licensed as one, I’m looking into wine making classes to figure out the business and equipment needed to start a cidery. For that, I have found a few sources.

I’ve also found a few books on the topic of starting a winery or brewery business.

I have checked out from the library, but have not cracked the cover yet:

Please note that I am not recommending the books be purchased from the links provided, but that they are just links to provide some information.

There are many more books and classes discussing running a winery as a business that I have not yet found, but I feel that this is a good start.

Thing is, the wine industry is experiencing huge growth because the 20 and 30 somethings are getting interested in wine, and this is a boom I hope to capitalize on. I think it could happen, as cider is able to market itself as beer or wine, and just judging by the recent press, cider making is also a growing industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment